Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day

I wrote this as a Valentine's Day present. It doesn't really have a name.

2/10/10

A soft fleeting glance
First inquisitive yet staid,
Knows nothing but a face
And a confident stance.

My lack of expectations
Bound curiosity for intention.
Hazel eyes that looking elsewhere
Drew a new exotic elation.

With the gentle nudge of a passing shoulder
I feel the sweet pressure of skin-
On my skin-
Amounts to simply not enough.

The passing of time
Inching closer
Brings entangled emotion;
Entangled limbs.

My perfumed wrists,
Destined to press that sweet scent
Into your powerful back
To the beat of the rain on my window.

The gold crimson sky,
Now a cobalt-amethyst gem,
Ends the night
And calls the cerulean morning.

Again we open our eyes
Against the warnings of the penetrating light
To look for the one we want
To see

With fingers interlaced,
There’s no time to waste.
What we have is just beginning,
And still there’s more to come
So let’s find out together.

No comments: