Tuesday, February 16, 2010

No Turning Back

This poem is about acceptance of time and events. I know a lot of people who approach it differently. People who can't accept that the past is the past, and people who can't accept that other people change, and their feelings change. I also know people who could care less about the past. It's all so strange sometimes.

No Turning Back 8/22/07

Can’t leave my path
The straight track doesn’t turn
Straight to the end
Begging for change
Life is all the same
My name
The association’s gotta go
I can’t know
The future ‘til it’s the past
What’s going on now
Something I don’t know how
To stop
My eyes drop
Whenever you go by
I’m so scared to say hi
I don’t know why
It’s because you
Blame all the things you do
All on me
Though I beg you please
Don’t make me grovel
Understand life’s novel
You can’t change it
You come to hate it
They think it’s overrated
Those thoughts are outdated
No one can save me
Now take heed
Can’t you see?
You’re all I need
There’s no turning back
Just push through
There aren’t re-do’s
We can’t start over
I know it’s over
Let’s make it better
Change it so we never
Hate
Debate
Your life now
I know how
It’ll change
It’s strange
Better the future
Because we can’t turn back

No comments: