Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hear Me Out

Hear Me Out 6/8/07

I know your past
They do too
Now you resort to those
Who don’t know you
I know what it’s like
To want to get away
For if we stay here
We’ll come to hate tomorrow
And every day

Why don’t we go our separate ways
You seem always in a daze
I can’t be a hypocrite
Pressing on until we reach the summit
To be closer to the sun
To look out at the brilliant stars
Just stare into my eyes
Come out from behind your silly guise
There’s only me and you
It’s only us two

If I wait outside
Sitting on the grass
Will you pull up and take me away?
I’ll sit down
So you can push the pedal to the ground
And we’ll drive ‘til we no longer see
What’s left of who I am
Because it’s not who I want to be

Happiness is a pair of shoes
That doesn’t fit
I can’t find money
So there I sit
Waiting for someone to take me there
To find some I can wear
The best I can do is curl my hair
Yet that never gets me anywhere
But it’s not like you would even care
It’s not like you would listen

Trying harder is no use
It’s just a waste of time
You can’t understand how I need you near
I can’t get your damn ears to hear
I need you to stay
No, don’t run away
Like you always do
I hate that it’s true

Listen to me
I’m living in the past
I’ll move on only knowing you’re the future
But I won’t know
Because you just won’t listen
I’ll just stay here
I’ll just lay here
Waiting

No comments: