Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Standing"

This poem doesnt have a name really... the first line is "standing" so I chose to call it that. It's kind of short and sweet. I feel myself becoming more independent, and I can remember the time where I changed. I began to do things for my own and I began to not need anyone's help, whether or not I led them to believe that I did.

1/30/08

Standing
On my own now
No one there to lean on
Cause I’m standing
Alone now

Can’t you tell what you’re missing
By telling me what you’re saying
Doing;
You know it
I’m disappointed.

Yeah subtle’s not my game
It doesn’t have a name;
To say you don’t understand
Can only be pretty lame.

Whoa I’m spinning
Into it I’m going;
Into you?
Into having a good time;
That’s all you seem to do.

Obviously you too.
You call it “disease”
Oh Please
Even if I were on my knees
You wouldn’t see
It ain’t part of me.

I’m done sharing,
Caring;
What you think or what you say
Can’t get you anywhere
I’m done tolerating;
Tolerating.

That’s it you blew it
Do you know it
Do you know it
I won’t sit for this
‘Cause I’m standing
On my own.

No comments: