Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So Say Goodbye

So Say Goodbye 5/24/07

It’s not worth your time
Quit trying
Hoping
Dreaming
So much out there
So many opportunities
To choose from
But none so appealing
You’d rather be kneeling

Take it from me
It’s only him you see
Don’t hold on anymore
Let go
Let him walk out the door

I could be anything you want
But it’s not me you want
Your arrogance fills your head
Where love can no longer tread

They’re the problem
But you don’t know them
Or how they laugh at you
And everything you do
It’s for their own fun
You’ll realize when they’re done
You’re their satellite
Following day and night
But they destroy you
Like kryptonite

Forget it
Because I won’t save you
You never gave me a reason to
I can only hear sarcasm
Real words became a phantasm
I want to push you away
Though without you my life is so grey

I thought I could never have you
When I found I was wrong
You just proved me right
Will I see another night?
With you?
No.

So I focus on what’s left
I can’t find any good
Falling away
I can’t do what I should
But I finally realize
When I look into those eyes
There isn’t anything I can do
To get through

Can I ask one last favor?
Will you run with me later
Through a highway
Of speeding cars?
Or suffocate me with the gloves I use
To hide all my scars?

Come
Smoke some cigars
We can run away to mars
Once we get there
It’ll be all ours!
But nothing I do can change you
And I’ll do it myself
If you don’t shoot the bullet through

You don’t want another try
Turn your eyes up to the sky
So you don’t start to cry
Though my eyes never dry
When you find out why
I’ve told you one more lie
Because it’s better to die

So say goodbye

No comments: