Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Only Way I Want To

The Only Way I Want To 10/28/07

And I still hold your hand
In mine
I never let go
This made up hope
That you’d dare to stare right back

To have our skin brush
I know I’m not forgotten
Our gaze can never touch
Or am I mistaken?

My thoughts run wild
My mind is always crowded
My eyes see the mirror
They can’t see me
Or what you made me
Only sadness

I can only see eyes
Dull
Glazed
They only shine for you
Look how they shine
For you

He has been here
I see my bed
I see my living room
I see the dining room table
But I only see
He has been here

I’ve been growing weary
Of holding back
I’m letting go
Letting you know
One chance is not enough

I want to just float on
But don’t you worry, I can’t
Carry on
Without you

Longing to feel your embrace
Don’t let me go

I can’t make it on my own
Don’t leave me here alone

No comments: