Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Just Stay This Time

This gives me the same reminiscent feeling as the last poem, but on another note, I can see the evolution structurally from my earlier poems.

Just Stay This Time 11/8/07

Don’t just stand there
In the distance
I need you near
Why don’t you come here?
I can feel you walk away
It’s not easy to forget
My one wish
That you’d stay

Don’t just admire from afar
Away from there
Don’t stop just to stare
But do I know who that is?
I wish I did
I’m only a kid
Will it always,
Be so hard?

Don’t just leave me to think
All I can do is
Look in the mirror
Is there something I’m missing?
My voice stings
The song doesn’t sing
The feelings
That I need it to convey

Don’t forget to give me a chance
Give me a chance
To show you
How much do I really want you?
More then you’d think
Since the way I feel,
Is what I can only hope
You ever feel about me

If you haven’t forgotten
I was there
If you had only spoken
I’d be there
If you still remember
It wasn’t fair
To either of us

No comments: